About this event:
Walk to School Day began at Bowman on Earth Day 2015 by BPA.
- To help remind us all to think more about the earth
- To do our part to keep the earth clean
- Help Celebrate Earth Day by joining us for a walk to School!
More instructions from your Room Parents or BPA Co-Chairs (Kristin Cox and Christina Woo).
- Although most families live too far away to walk to Bowman, we wanted to have a day to give the children an opportunity to walk to school with others.
- For your child’s safety, please review with your child the importance of walking together as a group and not running ahead of the adult chaperones during this event.
This year, groups will be leaving from two different locations, or you can take your own path.
Option 1: Departs from the Sweet Shop in Los Altos (sweetshoplosaltos.com), which will open early just for parents to use. They will have coffee, tea, and morning pastries available. No candy should be purchased for or by Bowman students, per the Family Handbook page 21. Come around 8am to get your morning nourishment. Departs at 8:15am and 8:30am. Distance – 0.6 mile walk to Bowman via the bike path.
Option 2: Departs from the Bol Park playground, Laguna Ave @ Laguna Court in Palo Alto. Departs at 8:15am promptly. Distance – 1 mile via the bike path.
No time for joining the set groups? Make your own! How about parking just a bit farther away than usual? How about biking to school? All students who travel to the school from somewhere other than the school parking lot will receive a sticker showing they walked to school!
Want to help? We need three parent volunteers – additional group leaders at each departure site as well as someone to hand out stickers at school. Contact Jennifer Wang, email@example.com and Amanda W., firstname.lastname@example.org , if you would like to help out.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Jennifer (Mom of Leon and Elise)
Amanda (Mom of Camden)
What is BPA? Am I a member of BPA? How is BPA funded? What is a Room Parent (RP)?
- Click here to find out the answers to these questions and much more.
- Hint: Room Parents are parents who are representatives of the Bowman Parent Association (BPA) in your very own classroom!